Screendesk Security Overview
We know our customers trust us with their team’s important data, and we use industry best practices to keep it secure.
Our security commitment
Screendesk is committed to the security of our customers and their data. As a cloud-based company entrusted with some of our customers’ most valuable data, we are focused on keeping you and your data safe. Screendesk undergoes periodic penetration testing, is designed to be GDPR-compliant, and encrypts data at rest and in-transit. Our customers entrust sensitive data to our care. Keeping customer data safe is our priority.
Secure and reliable infrastructure
Screendesk uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) for secure and resilient hosting of staging and production environments. Screendesk leverages multiple availability zones to redundantly store customer data. AWS data centers are monitored by 24×7 security, biometric scanning, video surveillance and are continuously certified across a variety of global security and compliance frameworks.
Application Security in a Nutshell
- TLS 1.2+ is used to encrypt data in transit, while the AES-256 encryption technique is used at rest.
Backups & Data Recovery
- Everything on Screendesk is backed up every day. We have tested our recovery techniques and can restore data from backup within an hour in the case of a data loss. For added piece of mind, you can use our API to export your content programatically.
- We aim at making Screendesk a reliable service which our clients may trust. Screendesk is designed on infrastructure that is fault-tolerant and redundant. If a problem does occur, we keep our clients informed and strive hard to remedy it as soon as possible. Our current and historical availability information may be found at http://status.screendesk.io
Data permission and authentication
- For accounts set up with email, we verify that email address belongs to you and store your password using the industry recommended hash function (bcrypt).
- Our incident response programme handles incidents that disturb the quality of our service. This involves clearly defined escalation channels and including the necessary teams in the investigation, communication, and remediation of the event.
- Screendesk analyses production infrastructure, apps, and networks for vulnerabilities on a regular basis using commercially available technologies to uncover any flaws that might damage our systems.
Screndesk personnel undergo regular security and privacy awareness training that weaves security into technical and non-technical roles; all employees are required to participate in helping secure our customer data and company assets.
Security questions or concerns?
Please contact email@example.com. You can also read our advanced security guide here.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- At Screendesk, we have worked to enhance our products, processes, and procedures to ensure our practices are GDPR-compliant.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Screendesk acts as a service provider to customers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and we support our customers’ compliance with the CCPA.